Thoughts on the Future of TV- The State of Quality Content
When it comes to the world of TV-quality video content–the professionally produced shows and movies that largely comprise the business of TV–the pace of disruption has been blinding. Sparked by the rise of millennials; the diffusion of new distribution and device options; and technology innovations that democratized content development, quantum viewing is now the appropriate paradigm for understanding today’s TV viewing behaviors.
The combination of rapid advancements in technology, a lassiez-faire M&A environment, the coming of age of Millennials, and globalization has created an environment of uncertainty as to the future of content creation, distribution, and monetization. Quality content will remain vital to the success of the television industry, especially now that distribution is no longer limited to broadcast or legacy pay-TV. This report begins to bring order to the uncertainty and enables the reader to better understand risks and opportunities that are in front of us in the near-term (3-5 years), and longer term (6-10 years).
In this report, TDG discusses:
- The rise of millennial quantum viewer, and their impact on how, when, and where TV-quality content is viewed.
- The long-term impact of today’s regulatory environment on media companies, and the content they produce.
- The structural characteristics of a successful media company
- The genres of content that will flourish and perish.
- The companies best suited to survive in this new competitive environment.
With companies investing billions in a rapid changing media environment, this report is a must-have document to give perspective, order, and predictions about the near-term and long-term future of TV-quality video.
Get Report Summary
To learn more about the new report, simply complete the form below and we’ll send you a report summary, along with table of contents and list of figures.