Internet-Enabled Video Service Models for Pay TV Service Providers
TDG was commissioned by Cisco to audit and analyze six example service models for potential IP based services. The six proposed service models were:
- “TV Everywhere” – Delivering TV content to PCs and other non-set-top devices using an Authentication model;
- “TV-to-PC” – Offering Internet-delivered video content to the TV;
- Offering movies and TV shows through an online video storefront;
- Providing TV apps and selling them through an application storefront;
- Remote-storage Digital Video Recorder (RS-DVR), in which some or all DVR storage is network (cloud)-based; and
- Selling transport services to third parties as a wholesale CDN.
This report examines and describes those core service models in detail.
For further information or questions, please contact Laura R. Allen.