Home Entertainment in the Age of COVID-19
This ground-breaking Consumer Snapshot Report from TDG provides a vital and timely primary-research-based examination of both the impacts of the Coronavirus pandemic on U.S. adult broadband users and the adaptations they have made, and are making, with regard to in-home entertainment. Using study data fielded during the last two weeks of April 2020, a time during which stay-at-home orders were still in place in 35 U.S. states, Home Entertainment in the Age of COVID-19 offers crucial and accurate insights into pandemic-affected consumer dispositions and behaviors.
Specifically, the report explores:
- The Consumer Mindset within the Pandemic;
- Life & Household Financial Impacts of COVID-19;
- The Impact on In-home Entertainment & News Viewing;
- Social Media, Short-form Video, & Video Conferencing Use Impact;
- Pandemic Effects on Home Broadband & Pay-TV Service Use & Spend;
- Home Entertainment Expense Perceptions & Potential Cuts (including those to game, video, & music expenses);
- The Impact on TV Viewing Behavior (e.g. bingeing, TV-based social media, sports viewing, types of content watched and why, and amount of time spent); and
- How COVID-19 is Impacting xVOD Viewing including the addition of new SVOD services, and changes to TVOD, FVOD, and SVOD Viewing.
The Report is available to all current TDG Members, please contact Member Services for a copy.
For non-TDG Members: want to know more?